Call2Teams - Customers
Some advanced diagnostic processes call for the use of Windows PowerShell. To enable the self service of these processes, a Windows PowerShell environment can be set up.
The steps to setting up a PowerShell test environment are:
- A Windows 10 PC is required with Administrator access. (PowerShell will not run on a Mac)
- Download and install the Skype for Business Online, Windows PowerShell Module from https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/confirmation.aspx?id=39366
- The install may ask for a particular version of the redistributable C++ module. This is difficult to find, a copy has been attached to this article
- Run PowerShell in Administrator mode (see how on this article https://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-open-an-elevated-powershell-prompt-in-windows-10 )
- In PowerShell, enter/run the following command: Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned
- This command will prompt for permissions to run advanced PowerShell operations, select 'A' (all)
The PowerShell environment is now ready for diagnostic use, these steps do not need repeating.