Call2Teams - Customers
Customers may wish to use TLS to communicate between Call2Teams and their PBX/Trunk.
This is a supported feature of Call2Teams, however there are specific requirements around both the certificate and TLS protocol used for successful integration:
- Certificate type must be PKI certificates that are issued by a recognized certificate authority - they cannot be self-signed.
- The service uses the Mozilla Foundation trusted CA list: Further information and a comprehensive list of certificates are available here.
- The certificate must be served directly by the PBX/Trunk, not merely trusted by the PBX/Trunk.
- The customer's PBX/Trunk must support TLS v1.2 or above.
Customers can check their SSL status using an online tool such as the one available here: https://decoder.link/sslchecker
- If there is a firewall, customers will need to allow access.
- Using the above tool, ensure all sections have a green tick.
If customers are using DNS A Records in the realm or proxy field without any SRV records then by default we will attempt to communicate for TLS using the standard secure SIP port of 5061.
This can be amended this by including a port in the proxy field.
Please note Dstny Automate cannot be held responsible for the content of any third-party documentation offered.