Call2Teams - Customers.
You have a large number of new users you wish to add or you wish to amend a large quantity of users.
- Telephone numbers being imported must be in full e164 format so should start with a plus symbol +
- Numbers should have no special characters or spaces in the middle or at either end.
- Excel may corrupt E164 number formatting, see section below
For a PBX Service, you can add or update users.
For a Trunk Service, you can only update users. This would be primarily to update email addresses which is required when synchronizing to match the number to the user.
|Notes:||this is used as an identifier and may match the SIP Auth name||Real name here||IMPORTANT. This MUST match the teams email address of the user||The user's phone number on the PBX||The SIP Auth name used on the PBX device||The SIP password used on the PBX device||You can use this field as a unique identifier if you have any matching SIP usernames. It can, of course, also be left blank.|
|Notes:||This number MUST match a trunk number that you have included in the ranges for the trunk service selected.||The users real name||IMPORTANT: This email address MUST match the Teams email address of the user||Must be in E164 Format and match the Trunk Number or a Service Number||You may use this field to uniquely identify the user. It can, of course, be left blank.|
Creating Excel files with the correct format
When creating the CSV file, it is important to format the cells where the phone number will be stored as 'Text' before entering the numbers.
If the cell is entered with the wrong data type then Excel will remove the + from the beginning of the number, making the upload file invalid. A file with a large number of incorrectly formatted numbers can be fixed with the process below:
Correcting Excel's removal of the + on E164 numbers
- Select the top left cell as indicated in the picture to highlight every cell
- In the dropdown box, please ensure that 'Text' is selected.
- Ensure all numbers are in desired E164 format.