Call2Teams - Customers
This article should be followed when you need to set up E911 call provisioning in Microsoft Teams to work with your PBX or Trunk. You must be an administrator in your O365 platform, as these changes are done under your O365 admin account. Once you have made the changes, It can take up to 24 hours for your changes to take effect.
Steps to creating a E911 Policy in Teams
- Log into your admin O365 account.
- Go to admin portal.
- Select Teams
- Go to Voice>Emergency Policies
- Select Call Routing Policies
- Create a call routing policy by pressing the +Add buttton.
- Give the call routing policy a name. (Example: E911 routing policy).
- Enable "Dynamic Emergency Calling" When you turn this on, it allows the user that is assigned to this policy to be able to use emergency call routing features when users move from one location to another.
- Click "Add" under Emergency Numbers
- Enter "Emergency Dial String". Example: 911
- Enter "Emergency Dial Mask". Example 1911;911;9911 etc. Use a semicolon in between each mask.
- Select your PSTN Usage Record.
- Select "Save"
- Note that the little "i" in the circle gives some valuable information.
Go to Locations tab in the Teams Admin
- Select Emergency Addresses
- Click the "Add" button
- Enter Country or Region
- Select "on" for "Input Address Manually"
- Create the address. follow the boxes.
- click on the little "i" in the circle for more info.
- Press "Save"
Go to User tab in Teams Admin
- Select a user
- Go to the "Policies" Tab
- Click on "Edit" next to "Assigned Policies"
- On the right you will need to edit 2 items
- Update the Emergency Calling Policy
- Update the Emergency Call Routing Policy
- Click "Apply"
Call2Teams works on a Direct Routing Protocol in Microsoft's voice platform. The following documents below will help explain how to Plan, configure and Manage Emergency Call Routing in a Teams environment using your PBX or SIP trunk.
Helpful documents from Microsoft:
Please note Qunifi cannot be held responsible for the content of any third-party documentation offered.