Call2Teams - Customer/Partner
Dynamic Emergency Trunk is a feature add on to the Call2Teams PBX product which allows Call2Teams to route Calls from Microsoft Teams which contain an Emergency Header and/or PIDF-LO to your chosen Emergency routing provider.
The purpose of this solution is due to the fact that most PBX's can't digest the PIDF-LO messaging within the SIP INVITE and so usually respond with a 405 Method Not Allowed causing the Emergency Calls to drop.
To use the Call2Teams Dynamic Emergency Trunk feature you must first have an account setup with your Emergency Provider from which they should provide you with the Trunk Details to connect to their service. Depending on your chosen provider they may ask you to provide 2 Dedicated IP's so they can whitelist them and accept calls.
Ordering & Setup
1. Order the Dynamic Emergency Trunk product at your Top Level / Base Customer Portal (this is usually where your company admin users exist)
- If your provider does require dedicated IP's for your service then you can also order these at this level.
2. Go to the Service tab at your base account level and notice the Trunks Tab is selectable
- Select your Emergency Trunk providers template from the drop down list or choose custom to fill out the details manually.
- Once filled out ensure you Enable the Trunk as an Emergency Trunk as per example below
3. Find or Add your PBX template in the Branding Tab, then click the pencil icon to edit the template
Please Note: DET requires a Branding subscription to be able to allocate the Emergency Trunk to your PBX templates used by customers. If you require access our support team can give you a Template branding product inclusive as part of the DET order.
4. You will now notice you can Link an Emergency Trunk to your PBX Template
Once this has been linked any customers who have this PBX Template and place a call which contains PIDF-LO and the Emergency flag in the SIP INVITE will be routed to this Emergency Trunk.
To set Emergency numbers Please see; Link Here
5. Follow the steps in the attached PDF (Link Here) to setup the Teams Admin Centre with your users locations.
- For any support with this please contact your Emergency Trunk Provider
Non US Emergency Numbers
The current DET service offering identifies calls from the MS Teams client which contain an Emergency Flag in the SIP INVITE.
The Teams Admin Centre allows you to configure multiple emergency numbers which can then be used for PIDF-LO data and Teams notifications. It is strongly advised you DO NOT configure non US emergency numbers in this section of the Teams Admin centre as this will most likely cause the non US emergency call to route via the DET Trunk which in most instances the Emergency routing service provider will reject the call as it falls outside of their territories.
Please Note: Any Emergency number outside of the US will still be treated as an emergency call when it hits the PBX or Trunk and so this Feature within Teams Admin Centre is only suitable for 911 or 933 test calls at this time.
Please note Destiny Automate cannot be held responsible for the content of any third-party documentation offered.