Call2Teams - Customers
When attempting a Sync, the following errors may appear:
Sync Error: Cannot find specified Online PSTN usage
Sync Error: PSTN Usage not ready yet.
These errors should appear in the Sync Diagnostic Output if a Sync fails.
This is usually due to a Sync issue between the portal and Microsoft.
To see more information, click the drop down arrow to the right of the Sync Now button and select Show Sync History:
Expand the relevant entry by clicking the expand icon on the left column of the Sync History log.
Users are advised to wait and re-try the Sync Now process hourly. If this does not solve the issue, see the escalation steps below.
If after several hours the issue is not resolved then users should raise a support ticket to Microsoft by following these steps:
- Log in to the Office 365 admin portal at https://www.office.com/
- Navigate to the Admin icon
- On the left hand side menu bar select "Show All" to see the Support option.
- Create a new support request with the title "Direct Routing: Cannot find specified Online PSTN usage"
Within the detail of the support request, provide the following details:
- The tenant is being configured for Direct Routing
- The domains are activated for voice on the tenant
- The command Get-CsOnlinePstnUsage -Identity "Global" confirms the PSTN Usage setting exist
- The command New-CsOnlineVoiceRoute produces an error: "Cannot find specified Online PSTN usage" when trying to use the domain.
Users could consider removing the Teams service from the portal, removing the two domains created in the MS 365 tenant and then re-enabling the Teams service.
This will start the Sync process afresh, creating new domains.
However be warned: this process is service affecting and will be subject to any configuration delays outside of our control.
Follow these steps to achieve this:
- Navigate to the Teams tab on the service portal.
- Click on the Trash Can icon to delete the Teams Service
- Click 'Enable Sync'.
Obtaining Diagnostic Information
If evidence of the error in PowerShell is needed, follow these steps:
- The user needs to enable Teams Admin PowerShell on their local device. Follow this guide: Teams Admin PowerShell
- Log in to the Office 365 tenant as a Global Administrator.
- Run the following command to provide a list of the recorded PSTN usages that are setup:
Get-CsOnlinePstnUsage -Identity Global
- Locate the command in the sync log that starts with this string:
and immediately precedes the error message.
The command should look like this:
New-CsOnlineVoiceRoute -Name "Branddomain-xxxx" -OnlinePstnGatewayList @('5lesvgit4j3o.AUSEA02.branddomain.com') -OnlinePstnUsages @('branddomain-USE') -Priority "0" -NumberPattern ".*"
5. Copy this command into the PowerShell session to retrieve the error.
This can be used to confirm the Microsoft 365 tenant setup is at fault.
Note: This issue may resolve of its own accord but the delay reported is up to 11 days.
Please note Dstny Automate cannot be held responsible for the content of any third-party documentation offered.