Call2Teams - Customers
By default the Microsoft default dial plan does not route 000 emergency calls correctly. This results on emergency calls failing when the service sends calls to a PBX or Trunk.
When using an upstream PBX or Trunk for handling emergency calling, create a custom dial plan in the Teams admin center.
Follow these steps:
- Navigate to the customer's Teams Admin Center
- Open the Global Dial Plan
- Add a new Normalization Rule with the settings set as per screenshot below:
- The number being dialed begins with 0
- The length of the number being dialed is 3
- Move the Emergency Normalization rule up to the top of the order
- Click Save
- Teams may amend the behaviour of the dial plan and so this setting should be verified periodically.
- Using Teams' custom emergency calling settings may affect the behaviour of this dial plan.
- Using the Dynamic Emergency Trunk (DET) service provided by the platform may affect the behaviour of this dial plan so should be verified during the configuration of the DET service.
- Review Microsoft Emergency calling terms and conditions regarding the use of emergency calling in Teams: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/emergency-calling-terms-and-conditions
DSTNY Automate cannot be held responsible for the content of external links.